Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Movie Review: Charlie St. Cloud
"I'm okay Charlie. I'd give anything for you to see me. What I've become, but no one ever gets to see what could've been" - Sam St. Cloud


I recently saw Charlie St. Cloud for the first time since 2010 (or whenever it came out) and I can admit that I have the absolute worst memory. I did not remember, at all, that the entire time, Sam is dead and Charlie is simply seeing ghosts.


Obviously, no one really realizes it until the very end of the film when Tess is mysteriously gone and Charlie realizes he is seeing her "ghost" even though she is very much alive and stranded on an island. The one thing I did not like about this movie was how often you would feel like the boats/sailing had an impact on the entire plot but all you are really watching is Zac Efron crying and mourning the death of his brother then abandoning his brothers ghost over a girl that is missing who he then finds at the end of the movie because he realizes she is sailing alone. It was obviously a good movie to me when I was younger but now I am noticing the many flaws of this movie. 


2 comments:

  1. I watched this movie when I first came out and thought it was good as well at first, but I think I'll watch it again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen this movie, but your insightful blog makes me want to

    ReplyDelete